Social media privacy
1- Who is responsible for processing your data?
The data controller is Sociedad Estatal Correos y Telégrafos, S.A., S.M.E. (hereinafter ‘Correos’), holder of VAT no. A-83052407, with registered office at Vía Dublín nº 7 (Campo de las Naciones) 28070 Madrid (Spain).
To ensure the proper management of such processing, Correos has a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who you can contact through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For what purpose do we process your personal data?
– Contact and user management: The personal data of the users that contact Correos through our social media profiles will be processed in order to manage that contact, attend to enquiries and offer the required services, such as providing consumer services and/or dealing with complaints or incidents.
– Correos corporate reputation analysis: Correos can analyse the posts and references that are made by different users and addressed to Correos (e.g. posting comments on Correos’ corporate profile or sending public messages or using the direct or private messaging options of the Social Media site) with the purpose of determining the reputation of the brand and improving our products and services.
– Management and processing of promotions and competitions: The personal data of users collected when they register as participants of Promotions (e.g. competitions, draws, etc.) made available by Correos on its web pages will be processed in order to manage the progress of the promotion in question, announce the winners of the promotion, award prizes to the winners and manage Correos’ compliance with applicable legal and tax obligations in its capacity as the organiser of the promotion.
The processing of data will always be carried out in accordance with the Promotion’s Terms and Conditions, which may establish other specific purposes of processing based on the promotional mechanics. Correos will always make the Promotion’s Terms and Conditions available for users to consult and accept prior to participating in the promotion.
If users choose to register for a Promotion through their Social Media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), the personal data and information that the user authorises the Social Media sites to provide to Correos, by means of clicking the corresponding accept button, will be processed by Correos for the creation and analysis of profiles, application of segmentation techniques for commercial, promotional or advertising purposes, and cross referencing with the customer and user database, and its enhancement, in order to optimise and introduce improvements to the advertising, promotional or commercial information sent by Correos, and to provide users with information that is appropriate to their tastes, hobbies or preferences.
3. What data is processed by Correos and what are its sources?
The personal data that Correos processes for the above purposes can come from the following sources and include the following categories of personal data:
- Data provided by the user through different actions, such as:
– Filling in forms made available by Correos.
– Filling in spaces made available for participation in promotions managed by Correos.
– Sending private messages or posting on Correos’ social media profile or directly to Correos.
- Data provided by Social Media sites:
– As a consequence of the user browsing and using Correos’ Social Media profiles.
– Public information in accordance with the definition of each Social Media site and which, depending on the privacy settings of the user, is accessible to Correos.
– Other information that users authorise social media sites to provide to Correos when using social media connectors to register or, depending on their privacy settings, is visible to the Social Media site’s users or Correos in particular.
- Third-party data provided by the user:
In the ‘Correos corporate reputation analysis’ purpose, all information that identifies users or third parties will be removed from comments or messages.
4. What is the legal legitimacy for the processing of your data by Correos?
Correos processes the above-identified personal data under the following legitimating bases:
The processing of your data for the ‘Contact and user management’ purpose is based on the management and processing of the legal relationship established between the user and Correos, that is, the management of requests, maintenance of contact between the parties and provision of any service requested by the user.
– The processing of personal data for the ‘Correos corporate reputation analysis’ purpose is based on the legitimate interest of Correos to determine the reputation of the brand and improve our products and services.
– The processing of your data for the ‘Management and processing of promotions and competitions’ purpose is based on the user’s consent.
Correos informs you that it only processes personal data for purposes based on the user’s consent through the methods of obtaining consent made available by Correos.
5. Who is your data communicated to?
Data collected by Correos for the purpose of ‘Management and processing of promotions and competitions’ may be communicated by Correos to:
– Notaries: for carrying out independently adjudicated draws.
– Public Authorities: for the fulfilment of tax obligations.
6. How long do we keep your data?
Correos will keep your personal data for the time necessary to carry out the requested service and/or to achieve the purpose of the processing.
Subsequently, provided that the user has not exercised their right of erasure, their data will be stored in accordance with the legal time limits applicable in each case, taking into account the type of data and the purpose of the processing.
You can request more information about Correos’ personal data storage time limits at email@example.com.
7. What are your rights regarding your personal data?
Correos informs you that you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, restriction of processing, objection, erasure and portability through either of the following means:
- By post to:Vía Dublín nº 7 (Campo de las Naciones) 28070 Madrid (Spain)
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Correos informs you that you may file a complaint with the Supervisory Authority responsible for data protection. In the first instance, however, you may file a complaint with Correos’ Data Protection Officer.